(Review) Etude House: Precious Mineral Any Cushion Light Pearl Aura


I have reviewed the two other types of Etude House's BB cushions previously and they can be found on my blog! This is going to be a review about the Pearl Aura type and the other two were original one and a moist one. I have enjoyed trying out Etude House's BB cushion because they are so affordable and they all deliver what they promise.


This serves a slightly different purpose than the other two BB cushions. The Pearl Aura claims to provide a glowing effect for your skin with pearl brightener and a provide a full coverage. 
It comes in two shades: Light Beige and Natural Beige which are equivalent to Etude House's other shades which are N02 Light Beige and W13 Natural Beige.

The directions are the same as with any other BB cushion. You dab the puff into the sponge and pat it evenly on your skin. I talked about the general thoughts about BB cushions in my very first blog post about them and I mentioned how quickly they ran out. I was delighted to find out that quite often when you order the product with the container you get a refill for free with the product!

The sponge is different from other BB cushions in a sense that it also has also been soaked in the pearl brightener and as you can see in the pic above that's what the white dots are. 
The brightener will end up blending in with the bb cream when you apply it to your face and won't leave any white spots on your face! The colour Light Pearl Aura is slightly too light for my skin but it will be a good match now that the winter is coming. 

It makes my skin definitely brighter and tones down any sallow tones. This one definitely has better coverage than the Moist type and the finish isn't as sheer either. I think it has a medium coverage and you might be able to get a full coverage out of it with two applications but I prefer to stick to one. The finish isn't matte but somewhere between a matte and sheer. It gives you that sort of glowy finish that a lot of Koreans are obsessing about. For me a downside with the consistency is that it can feel heavy and sticky on my skin.

It is slightly too pale for my skin but even out redness and makes skin look brighter.
It lasts pretty well on my skin and I think it lasts longer than the Moist type and as long as the original one. I don't see any major fading or oiliness on my t-zone until about 5-6 hours. I think this would be the most suitable BB cushion for all skin types out of the three Etude House's BB cushions. I can see this working well with dry skin not accentuating dry areas on face as well as with oily skin types not being too moisturizing for skin.
Pros: image
  • Makes skin tone brighter
  • Medium to full coverage
  • Lasts fairly long without fading
  • Suitable for all skin types 
  • Doesn't accentuate dry areas


Cons:image
  • Lack of shades available
  • Won't suit darker skin tones
  • Feels tacky and heavy on skin

Overall, I like the medium coverage and how it makes my skin look really bright. It also lasts on my combination skin and doesn't get too oily on my t-zone or it doesn't accentuate dry areas on my face. Unfortunately, it does fell a bit tacky and heavy on skin and is slightly too pale for my skin tone. I really think that Etude House should have stuck to their normal shade options because the two shades are very limited to certain skin tones! The Natural Beige shade is probably more suitable for me and I do have rather pale skin! So this is definitely a no go for people with darker skin tones. Otherwise, I do think this is a good BB cushion for all skin types!

You can get the special edition from Cosmetic-Love 12.60GBP (approx. 21.800KRW or 19USD).
Here's a 15% off code for your first purchase from Cosmetic-Love: http://r.sloyalty.com/r/uyoRX4eGv4Gd
Cosmetic-Love doesn't have any shipping fees!

Happy Shopping!

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.